Consular Services in Qatar
The Qatar Helpline Group is an embassy approved international agency in Qatar providing all kinds of consular assistance. Helpline Group stands as a strong pedestal providing consular assistance and services to all Pravasi- Citizens of the Republic of India residing in Qatar. Its services have always been acclaimed by all community members in Qatar.
Services offered by the consular desk at Helpline Group
The consular help Desk at Helpline Group Doha-Qatar administers the needs of its clients and provides all kinds of services related to Passport, attestation of certificates etc… to all Indian Citizens residing in Qatar.
The services include:-
- * Application of New passport
- * Renewal of passport
- * Attestation of Birth Certificates (issued and attested by Govt. organizations in India and Qatar)
- * Attestation of Marriage Certificate
- * Attestation of PCC
In addition we also undertake the attestation of TC, NOC etc… and various other miscellaneous services.
Passport Information :
All applicants should submit the application in person for identification: –
- * Only residents holding valid Qatar ID can submit their applications in person for reissue of passports.
- * In the case of casual visitors, only Emergency Certificate is issued for return to India.
- * An ordinary passport is valid for ten years from the date of issue.
- * Minors are issued passports for 5 years or up to attaining 18 years, whichever is earlier.
- * It may please be noted that the Passport Issuing Authority can issue passports even for a shorter duration under certain conditions.
- ** The Passport service asked for should be in the proper prescribed form accompanied by appropriate fees. The application for the service in any other form is not acceptable.
- ** Applicants are advised to ensure that their application in the prescribed format is complete in all respects; that all columns are correctly and legibly filled up and no column is left blank or unfilled / un-responded or vaguely filled with a dash, tick, etc.
- ** Please ensure that the applicant fills the surname column and the given name column correctly.
- ** In the permanent address (in India) column, please ensure that there is complete postal address including the Pin Code legibly.
- ** In respect of applications for re-issue of passports against LOST/ DAMAGED Passports issued by Passport Issuing Authorities (PIA) in India – Personal Particulars Form is also to be submitted. F.I.R. from Qatar Police is mandatory in case of lost passport.
- ** All signatures in the application should be with ballpoint pen of black or blue ink. Those who cannot affix their signatures like infants, minors or illiterate should put their thumb impression in the place of signature.
- ** The signature of the applicant should exactly fit in the prescribed column (4.5 x 1.5 cm).
- ** All applications to be accompanied by self-attested photocopy of the passport (first two and last two pages and the page of observation including ECR/ECNR, if any, made by Passport Issuing Authority).
- ** Photographs should be in colour and against white background and should be of the size of 3.5cm X 4cm. The photograph should have a frontal view, with both ears and chin to forehead being visible. Eyes should be open. There should not be any distracting shadows on the face or on the background. Head coverings are not permitted except for religious reasons, but the facial features from bottom of chin to top of forehead and both edges of the face must be clearly shown. The expression on the face should look natural.
- ** It is an offence under the Passports Act 1967 to furnish false information in the application. Passport facilities would be denied on grounds of suppression of material information, submission of incorrect particulars, willful damage/loss of passport or for unauthorized change/tampering.
- ** The Passport can be impounded or revoked for violation of one or more of the provisions of the Passports Act.
- ** It is an offence to hold more than one valid passport at a time.
- ** A passport expired more than three years ago should be supported by a Sworn Affidavit explaining the circumstances and the reasons for the late renewal. A Sworn Affidavit is to be signed by the applicant in the presence of the Consular Officer.
- ** Emergency service for issue of passport can be availed of by payment of an additional fee of QR 550/- under the Tatkal Scheme, in addition to the Normal fee (Adult – QR 274/- and minors up to 15 years of age – QR 184/) provided the applicant is eligible for that service.
- ** The delivery of processed documents is to be done preferably to the applicant himself/herself or to the person authorized by the applicant in writing and accompanied by the official receipt given to him/her at the time of submission.
- ** Applications will be accepted in the Embassy between 0915 hrs to 1230 hrs only (from Sunday to Thursday except notified holidays) except in case of emergent situations like death or illness in the family and applicants are advised to collect their passports between 1600 hrs to 1715 hrs only in the Embassy.
- ** Fresh and reissued passports are normally delivered on the sixth working day excluding the day the application is received in the Embassy. This, however, depends on the workload of the Consular Section. This time schedule does not apply to services where prior approval is required from the authorities in India. The date on which the passport can be collected from the Embassy will be indicated when the application is submitted.
- * The following is some useful information on passport and other consular services available at the Indian Embassy in Doha.
Indian Community in Qatar:
Helpline Group is an embassy approved international agency in Qatar providing all kinds of consular assistance connected to passport and other miscellaneous services to the citizens of the Republic of India residing in Qatar. We offer timely and reliable services to the Indian community that forms the largest expatriate community in Qatar.
We cater to the needs of this sizeable Indian workforce consisting of skilled, unskilled workers positioned in industrial and domestic areas and professionals placed in clerical services, hospitals, schools, executives in business concerns and government sectors etc…. by undertaking all kinds of services related to Passport. We also provide all kinds of Visa services to foreign nationals.
General Information Applicable To All Passport Services.
- * An applicant must be present in person for personal identification when applying for a passport.
- * The validity of a normal passport is 10 years whereas the validity of minor’s passport is 5 years. The Passport Issuing Authority may issue passports even for a shorter duration under certain conditions.
- * An Emergency Certificate can be obtained by all other persons who are on visit visa, business visa, tourist visa etc… upon request, if required.
Required Documents for applying for a passport
- * A valid Qatar ID
- * A completed application form filled in the prescribed application form.
Incomplete application forms will be rejected by the embassy
Permanent address in India with PIN code, surname, given name etc… must be filled correctly and legibly.
- * Personal Particulars Form: – An application for the re-issue of a LOST or DAMAGED passport issued in India must follow a Personal Particulars Form and a copy of the FIR from Qatar police department.
- * Self-attested copies of the first and the last two pages including ECR / ECNR
- * Colour passport size photograph (3.5cm X 4cm against white background with a frontal view and open eyes. Both ears and chin to forehead must be clearly visible. No head coverings are permitted except for religious reasons. All facial features from the bottom of chin to top of forehead and both edges of the face must be clearly seen.)
- * A sworn affidavit signed by the applicant in the presence of the Consular Officer stating the reasons if the passport expired more than three ago
- * Applicable Fees (Adult – QR 274/- and minors up to 15 years of age – QR 184/)
Emergency service fees under Tatkal Scheme – QR.550 (addition to the normal fees)
Delivery of the new passport
- * Newly issued passport will be given only to the applicant or to the person authorized by the applicant in writing accompanied by the official receipt.
- * Processing time – six working days excluding the day application is received in the Embassy (depending upon the workload of the Consular Section it may change). It is not applicable for services where prior approval is required from the authorities in India.
- * Passport office working hours: – 09.15 AM to 12.30 PM (from Sunday to Thursday except notified holidays).
During emergency situations such as ‘death’ or ‘illness’ in the family, applicants are advised to collect their passports between 1600 hrs to 1715 hrs from the Embassy.
Importance points to be remembered while filling the application form
- All signatures in the application should be done with black or blue ballpoint pen within the prescribed column (4.5 x 1.5 cm). Infants, minors or illiterate persons who cannot affix their signatures should put their thumb impression in the place of signature.
- Acquiring/carrying or being in possession of more than one valid passport , furnishing any sorts of false information in the application form, indulging in the suppression of material information, submission of incorrect particulars, willful damage/loss of passport or for unauthorized change/tampering is punishable and their passports can be impounded or revoked under the Passports Act of 1967.
Our Qatar Office Address
Helpline Group W.L.L
1st Floor, Office No: 6, Street No.230
Building No: 153, Zone:42
P.O Box:30606, Nearby Gulf Times,
Opposite Doha Petrol Station,
C-Ring Road, Doha, Qatar